Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has said that he wants the club to sort out the contract situations of Sergio Ramos, Luka Modric and Lucas Vazquez at the earliest possibility.
Earlier last month, it was reported that Modric had agreed a one-year contract extension with Los Blancos, but there has not been any official confirmation regarding the same.
Elsewhere, the hierarchy are also in negotiations with Ramos and Vazquez without any breakthrough. Hence, there is the possibility that the trio could leave on free transfers when their contracts expire on June 30.
Speaking ahead of the La Liga meeting against Celta Vigo, Zidane emphasised that the trio are important figures in the squad and urged the club to sort out their contracts as soon as possible.
“Yes, we all want [contracts to be signed]. We want the situation to be sorted as quickly as possible. It’s in everyone’s interests, it would be good for everyone, so hopefully it can be sorted out quickly,” He told.
Ramos has been in negotiations with Los Blancos over an extension for a while. The hierarchy are prepared to hand him a one-year renewal, but the club-captain is insistent on a two-year contract.
Paris Saint-Germain are among the clubs monitoring his situation. Les Parisiens are on the hunt for an experienced centre-back after losing the services of Thiago Silva to Chelsea last summer.
Los Blancos recently saw their five-match winning league streak end with a disappointing draw at Elche. That sees them playing catch-up to Atletico Madrid for the top spot.
Diego Simeone’s side have undoubtedly been the best side in the Spanish top-flight this term and they are currently two points ahead of Zidane’s men with two matches in hand.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Can Barcelona afford to sign Lionel Messi?
- Real Madrid face Barcelona in first ever ‘El Clasico’ at AT&T Stadium
- Preview: Chelsea vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- La Liga in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- Spain’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Can Barcelona find a way past Real Madrid in title race?