Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has said that he wants the club to sort out the contract situations of Sergio Ramos, Luka Modric and Lucas Vazquez at the earliest possibility.
Earlier last month, it was reported that Modric had agreed a one-year contract extension with Los Blancos, but there has not been any official confirmation regarding the same.
Elsewhere, the hierarchy are also in negotiations with Ramos and Vazquez without any breakthrough. Hence, there is the possibility that the trio could leave on free transfers when their contracts expire on June 30.
Speaking ahead of the La Liga meeting against Celta Vigo, Zidane emphasised that the trio are important figures in the squad and urged the club to sort out their contracts as soon as possible.
“Yes, we all want [contracts to be signed]. We want the situation to be sorted as quickly as possible. It’s in everyone’s interests, it would be good for everyone, so hopefully it can be sorted out quickly,” He told.
Ramos has been in negotiations with Los Blancos over an extension for a while. The hierarchy are prepared to hand him a one-year renewal, but the club-captain is insistent on a two-year contract.
Paris Saint-Germain are among the clubs monitoring his situation. Les Parisiens are on the hunt for an experienced centre-back after losing the services of Thiago Silva to Chelsea last summer.
Los Blancos recently saw their five-match winning league streak end with a disappointing draw at Elche. That sees them playing catch-up to Atletico Madrid for the top spot.
Diego Simeone’s side have undoubtedly been the best side in the Spanish top-flight this term and they are currently two points ahead of Zidane’s men with two matches in hand.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- La Liga Matchday 22: Three Best Games to Watch
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Supercopa de Espana 2022 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- La Liga Preview & Predictions: January 8, 2022
- What Sevilla Need to Do to Win La Liga Title This Season?
- Atletico Madrid vs Real Sociedad – La Liga Preview
- Champions League Semi-Final: Chelsea vs Real Madrid Preview
- La Liga 4-way title race and fantasy football picks for this weekend
- Villarreal vs Barcelona – La Liga Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- La Liga ESL decision rests on presidents’ shoulders
- Ronald Koeman wins first trophy as Barcelona head coach