Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has confirmed that Eden Hazard is back in contention after overcoming a hamstring injury which had kept him on the sidelines since the beginning of the season.
Hazard joined Los Blancos from Chelsea in a club-record deal last summer and his debut season was far from impressive as he was hampered by numerous injury concerns.
The Belgium international spent more than half of the campaign in the treatment room with four separate injuries and he ended up with only 22 appearances across all competitions for the capital outfit.
He has yet to make his bow this term after a hamstring complaint, but he has worked his way back to full fitness and Zidane has confirmed his availability for tomorrow’s Champions League clash in Monchengladbach.
“The fact that [Eden] Hazard is with us means that he’s fine and that’s good news for us. We’re all pleased he’s with us and we’ll see how we use him tomorrow. The important thing is that he’s back and that’s a big positive for us,” He told in a press conference.
Los Blancos suffered a shock 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk in the opening group stage game of the Champions League where manager Zinedine Zidane made a few surprise choices.
Ramos was obviously rested because of a minor knee injury, but besides that, he chose to start Toni Kroos and Karim Benzema on the bench and it appeared that he underestimated the opposition.
Los Blancos have since redeemed themselves with a stunning 3-1 win over El Clasico rivals Barcelona in La Liga and they should go into the game at Borussia-Park with confidence behind them.
Hazard may not be rushed into action, given his recent injury record. The 29-year-old could be restricted to a role off the bench with Vinicius Junior most likely to start on the left side of the attack.
Real Madrid are currently at the bottom of Group B which also includes Inter Milan. They will be aiming to end a three-match losing streak in the elite competition on Tuesday night.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- La Liga in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- Spain’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Can Barcelona find a way past Real Madrid in title race?
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Barcelona boss Xavi deems Frenkie de Jong and Memphis Depay surplus to requirements
- Real Madrid v Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream