Real Madrid will have the services of club-captain Sergio Ramos when they entertain Borussia Monchengladbach in their final game of the Champions League group stage.
The experienced centre-back has been sidelined since picking up a hamstring injury during Spain’s thumping 6-0 win over Germany in the Nations League last month.
In his absence, Los Blancos have experienced a tough period in both the Spanish La Liga and Champions League and they have won just two of their five matches in both competitions.
According to Marca, he is now in line to make his comeback against Monchengladbach on Wednesday night after successfully completing a full training session alongside his teammates.
Los Blancos are currently just one point adrift of leaders Borussia Monchengladbach (eight points) in their Champions League group, but they are third on the table behind Shakhtar Donetsk on the head-to-head record.
As such, they face a potentially must-win situation in order to make it to the last 16 of the competition. A point would be sufficient to see them through, suppose Inter Milan beat Shakhtar in the other group stage meeting.
It will be interesting to see which teams progress from Group B. Unlike other groups, all four teams still have a chance of progressing to the last 16 of the competition. Elsewhere, one of Madrid, Shakhtar or Inter could finish bottom and fail to even qualify for the Europa League knockout stage.
Ramos is set to accompany Raphael Varane at the heart of the defence against Monchengladbach and manager Zinedine Zidane will be hoping that his team can show better resolve at the back, having kept just two clean sheets from the previous 12 games.
Elsewhere, Dani Carvajal should also feature after returning to training following an adductor injury. Luka Jovic is likewise available after recovering from the coronavirus, but Eden Hazard (groin) and Federico Valverde (shin) are definitely out.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Can Barcelona afford to sign Lionel Messi?
- Real Madrid face Barcelona in first ever ‘El Clasico’ at AT&T Stadium
- Preview: Chelsea vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- La Liga in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- Spain’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Can Barcelona find a way past Real Madrid in title race?