According to AS, Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal could be sidelined for up to two months after being diagnosed with an injury to his medial collateral ligament in his right knee.
The Spain international picked up the problem during the training session ahead of the weekend’s Levante clash and it is now reported that he could be out of action for around eight weeks.
In such a case, he could miss up to seven La Liga matches for the reigning champions. Elsewhere, he may be absent for nearly the majority of the club’s Champions League group stage campaign.
Los Blancos have been hampered by injuries from the start of the season and they are already without Eden Hazard and Toni Kroos with muscle strains while Eder Militao (hamstring) and Mariano Diaz (tonsilitis) are also out of contention.
With both Militao and Carvajal unavailable, Zinedine Zidane’s side have only one specialist right-back in Alvaro Odriozola at their disposal and the club will be hoping that there are no further setbacks in the department.
Los Blancos made an inauspicious start to the season with a goalless draw at Real Sociedad, but they have since won back-to-back games against Real Betis and Real Valladolid.
They are scheduled to face Levante on the road on Sunday afternoon and the game could pose a tricky challenge, given they have tended to struggle against the Valencia-based outfit.
Levante beat them in their previous encounter at the Ciutat de Valencia Stadium last term. Over the past six meetings, Los Blancos have picked up only two wins. Levante have also won twice during this period.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Real Madrid’s next five matches after the international break
- La Liga’s 2023 Ballon D’Or nominees
- Real Madrid could miss out on €13m for boycotting La Liga’s new broadcast initiatives
- La Liga 2023/24 Season Preview: Real Madrid fancied to topple Barcelona
- Five La Liga pre-season fixtures to watch in July
- Can Barcelona afford to sign Lionel Messi?
- Real Madrid face Barcelona in first ever ‘El Clasico’ at AT&T Stadium
- Preview: Chelsea vs Real Madrid – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups