According to Le 10 Sport, Paris Saint-Germain have made contact with the representative of James Rodriguez ahead of a potential summer move for his signature.
The Colombia international rejoined Real Madrid last summer after a two-year loan deal with Bayern Munich, but he has endured a frustrating campaign with injuries as well as the lack of game time.
Over the course of the season, he has managed only 14 appearances across all competitions and he has played just one game for Los Blancos since the restart last month despite overcoming his injury concerns.
With his contract expiring in less than 12 months’ time, Los Blancos have been fancied to part ways with his services and it appears that Les Parisiens could be in the running to land his signature.
As per Le 10 Sport, sporting director Leonardo has been in regular contact with super-agent Jorge Mendes and the future of Rodriguez has been brought up during the discussions.
Still, they have not made any formal approach to acquire his services from the newly-crowned La Liga champions and the club are prepared to monitor his situation for the time being.
Rodriguez, who was previously with AS Monaco, was the subject of interest from Atletico Madrid last summer, but a deal failed to materialise between the Madrid rivals.
Atleti may come forward with a renewed approach for Rodriguez this summer. The 29-year-old could be available for a knockdown price with his contract winding up in June next year.
Zinedine Zidane’s side recently lifted the La Liga title after a three-year wait. They still have plenty to play for with their Champions League campaign resuming next month.
The club are currently trailing 2-1 to Manchester City after the home leg of the round of 16 stage and it remains to be seen whether they can make the comeback.
Los Blancos have been in sensational form since the season resumption after the COVID-19 break with 10 wins on the bounce and that should give them plenty of confidence ahead of next month’s clash at the Etihad Stadium.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Spain’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Can Barcelona find a way past Real Madrid in title race?
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Barcelona boss Xavi deems Frenkie de Jong and Memphis Depay surplus to requirements
- Real Madrid v Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream
- Barcelona & Real Madrid 2022/23 pre-season fixtures
- La Liga Transfer News Latest – Will Gareth Bale Stay in Spain?
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- La Liga Clubs Endured Mixed Fortunes in European Midweek; Barcelona & Real Madrid Latest Transfer Updates