According to Spanish publication Sport, Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic signed a four-year contract with Barcelona on Sunday after undergoing a series of medical tests at the J-Medical centre.
The Bosnian has been fancied to join the Blaugrana over the past few months, but the deal was being delayed with midfielder Arthur being reluctant to join the Bianconeri as part of the swap agreement.
A recent report confirmed that Arthur had finally given the green light to join the Bianconeri and it is now revealed that Pjanic has signed a long-term contract with the Spanish champions after a successful medical.
As part of the deal, the Bianconeri are expected to sign Arthur, but they have also agreed to pay an additional £9m as cash, given the Blaugrana obviously value their midfielder higher than Pjanic.
Arthur was also present at the Bianconeri’s J-Medical centre in Turin over the weekend and it has reportedly been confirmed that he has signed a five-year contract with the club.
No official announcement has been made by either side regarding the transfer agreement, but both teams want the deal to go through by June 30 due to accounting reasons.
Pjanic and Arthur will continue to feature for Juventus and Barcelona respectively until the conclusion of their Champions League campaigns in the month of August.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Girona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Three La Liga stars expected to leave in 2024
- Preview: Valencia vs Barcelona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Real Madrid’s next five matches after the international break
- La Liga’s 2023 Ballon D’Or nominees
- Real Madrid could miss out on €13m for boycotting La Liga’s new broadcast initiatives
- La Liga 2023/24 Season Preview: Real Madrid fancied to topple Barcelona
- Five La Liga pre-season fixtures to watch in July
- Can Barcelona afford to sign Lionel Messi?
- Real Madrid face Barcelona in first ever ‘El Clasico’ at AT&T Stadium