According to Spanish publication Sport, Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic signed a four-year contract with Barcelona on Sunday after undergoing a series of medical tests at the J-Medical centre.
The Bosnian has been fancied to join the Blaugrana over the past few months, but the deal was being delayed with midfielder Arthur being reluctant to join the Bianconeri as part of the swap agreement.
A recent report confirmed that Arthur had finally given the green light to join the Bianconeri and it is now revealed that Pjanic has signed a long-term contract with the Spanish champions after a successful medical.
As part of the deal, the Bianconeri are expected to sign Arthur, but they have also agreed to pay an additional £9m as cash, given the Blaugrana obviously value their midfielder higher than Pjanic.
Arthur was also present at the Bianconeri’s J-Medical centre in Turin over the weekend and it has reportedly been confirmed that he has signed a five-year contract with the club.
No official announcement has been made by either side regarding the transfer agreement, but both teams want the deal to go through by June 30 due to accounting reasons.
Pjanic and Arthur will continue to feature for Juventus and Barcelona respectively until the conclusion of their Champions League campaigns in the month of August.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Barcelona & Real Madrid 2022/23 pre-season fixtures
- La Liga Transfer News Latest – Will Gareth Bale Stay in Spain?
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- La Liga Clubs Endured Mixed Fortunes in European Midweek; Barcelona & Real Madrid Latest Transfer Updates
- La Liga’s European ambitions – which team will still be in European football by end of March?
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in La Liga
- La Liga Matchday 22: Three Best Games to Watch
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Supercopa de Espana 2022 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- La Liga Preview & Predictions: January 8, 2022
- What Sevilla Need to Do to Win La Liga Title This Season?