According to Marca, Croatian midfielder Luka Modric has agreed to put pen-to-paper on a new one-year contract to keep him at Real Madrid until the summer of 2022.
The 35-year-old has been with Los Blancos since the summer of 2012 when he made the move from Tottenham Hotspur and he has accumulated 363 appearances in all competitions.
Despite his advancing age, he has continued to remain a pivotal figure in the centre of the park as he is still one of the best in the business when it comes to the quality of distribution.
Earlier this term, the Croatian talked about the prospect of finishing his career with the Spanish champions and it is now reported that he has agreed terms over a contract renewal for another campaign.
No official confirmation has been made by Los Blancos regarding the player’s new contract, but it could be only a matter of time before Zinedine Zidane’s side announce the extension.
Aside from Modric, skipper Sergio Ramos is another experienced campaigner whose contract expires at the end of the campaign. As things stand, the club have yet to sort out terms with the Spain international.
Los Blancos generally hand one-year rolling contracts to players aged above 30, but Ramos reportedly wants a multi-year deal. He is due to hold talks with club president Florentino Perez at some point in the coming months.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Barcelona & Real Madrid 2022/23 pre-season fixtures
- La Liga Transfer News Latest – Will Gareth Bale Stay in Spain?
- Liverpool vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- La Liga Clubs Endured Mixed Fortunes in European Midweek; Barcelona & Real Madrid Latest Transfer Updates
- La Liga’s European ambitions – which team will still be in European football by end of March?
- The 5 Best January 2022 Signings in La Liga
- La Liga Matchday 22: Three Best Games to Watch
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid: Supercopa de Espana 2022 Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- La Liga Preview & Predictions: January 8, 2022
- What Sevilla Need to Do to Win La Liga Title This Season?