According to Tuttosport, Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has made contact with Juventus vice-president Pavel Nedved over a potential move to the Serie A club this summer.
The Uruguay international has been a consistent performer for the Blaugrana over the past six years and he bagged 21 goals and 12 assists from 36 appearances last term despite struggling with multiple knee injuries.
However, his time with the Blaugrana could soon end as he is not in the plans of new manager Ronald Koeman, who is planning to rebuild the squad after the embarrassing 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarter-final last season.
Suarez is understood to fancy a move to the Serie A and he has already held talks with Bianconeri chief Nedved. The Italian champions are aiming to replace Gonzalo Higuain this summer and over the past few weeks, they have shown an interest in AS Roma’s Edin Dzeko.
A deal has not materialised to date with the Giallorossi wanting to find a replacement for the Bosnian before considering his exit. Amidst this, Suarez has emerged as another suitable option for the Bianconeri, who are looking to recruit an experienced striker.
Suarez should provide an upgrade on Higuain, who has been on the decline over the past few years. Higuain has been a 20-plus goalscorer for a number of seasons, but he has failed to replicate the showing of late.
He has netted only a combined tally of 24 goals during the previous two campaigns and looks set to leave the Bianconeri this summer after new manager Andrea Pirlo confirmed that he won’t play for the club any longer.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Preview: Real Madrid vs Girona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Three La Liga stars expected to leave in 2024
- Preview: Valencia vs Barcelona – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Real Madrid’s next five matches after the international break
- La Liga’s 2023 Ballon D’Or nominees
- Real Madrid could miss out on €13m for boycotting La Liga’s new broadcast initiatives
- La Liga 2023/24 Season Preview: Real Madrid fancied to topple Barcelona
- Five La Liga pre-season fixtures to watch in July
- Can Barcelona afford to sign Lionel Messi?
- Real Madrid face Barcelona in first ever ‘El Clasico’ at AT&T Stadium