Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has not made contact with Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City or any other club and he will only decide his future at the end of the season, an exclusive report from Goal.com reveals.
The Argentine was eager to leave the Blaugrana last summer, but the Catalan giants declined to release him from his contract, expiring at the end of June this year.
Hence, he had to stay put with the club for the current season, given no club was likely to trigger the staggering €700m buy-out clause inserted into his existing contract.
Messi is currently free to speak with non-Spanish teams, having entered the final six months of his deal, but it is reported that he has no desire to do so until the summer.
Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City have been heavily linked with his services in recent months, but Messi has not held talks with either of those teams regarding a free transfer.
The six-time Ballon d’Or winner will make a statement at the end of the campaign where he will reveal his next club or extend his two-decade long stay with the Blaugrana.
- Atletico Madrid vs Real Sociedad – La Liga Preview
- Champions League Semi-Final: Chelsea vs Real Madrid Preview
- La Liga 4-way title race and fantasy football picks for this weekend
- Villarreal vs Barcelona – La Liga Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- La Liga ESL decision rests on presidents’ shoulders
- Ronald Koeman wins first trophy as Barcelona head coach
- Spanish chances of a European double are still on
- La Liga’s Top Five Players Since January 2021
- Barcelona v PSG Preview: 5 Things to Watch Out For
- Barcelona must sell Coutinho, even if Messi leaves