According to Deportes Cuatro, Real Madrid attacker Eden Hazard could miss the El Clasico against Barcelona later this month as he has yet to make a complete recovery from a muscle injury.
The Belgium international joined Los Blancos from Chelsea on a club-record deal last summer, but he was restricted to only 22 appearances across all competitions as he was sidelined with multiple foot injuries.
Earlier last month, the 29-year-old missed the start of the new La Liga season for Los Blancos with a knock and it has since been confirmed that he has picked up a fresh muscular problem.
As a result, he has not played any part for the reigning champions in the opening four games and could be out of action for the remainder of October.
Los Blancos play another four games before the end of the month and one of those will be against arch-rivals Barcelona from whom they picked up four points last term.
Hazard was recently picked in the Belgium’s provisional squad for the UEFA Nations League, but he played no part for them in the matches against England and Iceland.
Hazard is not far off from making a comeback, but Cuatro claims that the Belgian playmaker wants more time off the field such that he can avoid any recurrence of the same injury.
During the backend of last season, manager Zinedine Zidane talked about talking caution over Hazard’s fitness and it is reported that he has now endorsed the forward’s decision to delay his injury comeback.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Atletico Madrid vs Real Sociedad – La Liga Preview
- Champions League Semi-Final: Chelsea vs Real Madrid Preview
- La Liga 4-way title race and fantasy football picks for this weekend
- Villarreal vs Barcelona – La Liga Preview, Team News & Predicted Line-ups
- La Liga ESL decision rests on presidents’ shoulders
- Ronald Koeman wins first trophy as Barcelona head coach
- Spanish chances of a European double are still on
- La Liga’s Top Five Players Since January 2021
- Barcelona v PSG Preview: 5 Things to Watch Out For
- Barcelona must sell Coutinho, even if Messi leaves