Barcelona are scheduled to host Valencia in this weekend’s La Liga clash at the Camp Nou.
The Catalan giants have recovered from a shock defeat at Cadiz with back-to-back triumps over Levante and Real Sociedad.
Still, they are playing catch-up for the top spot as they are six points behind leaders Atletico Madrid, who have played a game less.
On the contrary, Valencia are winless in the past four matches where they have picked up just three points in the process.
That sees them languishing in the 12th spot with 14 points, six adrift of the Blaugrana, who are occupying the fifth position.
Four key stats ahead of the Barcelona-Valencia clash:
Valencia have been one of Messi’s favourite opponents and he has registered a stunning tally of 28 goals and 13 assists from just 34 appearances against them. Despite the stunning statistic, he drew blank during the previous meeting earlier this year where the Blaugrana suffered a 2-0 defeat at the Mestalla.
This will be the 200th meeting between the sides across all competitions with 170 of those coming in the top-flight. The Blaugrana have had the upper hand with 94 wins. Los Che have won on 55 occasions while there have been 50 draws.
Despite the Blaugrana’s dominance, they have recently struggled against their Spanish counterparts. In the previous four league meetings, they have won on just one occasion (two draws and one defeat). Valencia’s 2-0 win last season was their first in the league against the Blaugrana since April 2016.
There has not been a goalless draw between the sides since October 2009. Since the 2015/16 campaign, there have been an average of three league goals scored per game. During this period, there has been just one match where one of them (Barcelona) has failed to find the back of the net.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com and Worldfootball.net
- Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- La Liga in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- Spain’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Can Barcelona find a way past Real Madrid in title race?
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Barcelona boss Xavi deems Frenkie de Jong and Memphis Depay surplus to requirements
- Real Madrid v Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream