According to Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona playmaker Philippe Coutinho is doubtful to face Levante this weekend as he is currently carrying a minor muscle injury.
The Brazil international was an unused substitute in the Blaugrana’s 3-0 Champions League defeat to Juventus in midweek and it is now revealed that he had a fitness concern.
Coutinho was absent for training on Wednesday with permission as he became father for the third time, but he is due to return for today’s session with his teammates.
Still, it is unclear whether he would play any part in Sunday’s late La Liga kick-off from the Camp Nou, considering he has just returned after a month-long lay-off with a similar issue.
The Catalan giants are currently going through their worst ever start to a league campaign in 33 years and they are already 12 points behind Atletico Madrid for the top position.
Their title hopes are quickly fading away and they need to build a winning streak during the festive period such that they can take advantage of any slip-ups from Diego Simeone’s side.
Ronald Koeman is also under pressure with back-to-back defeats to Cadiz and Juventus respectively and the hierarchy may not remain patient with him for long if the results fail to improve.
The Blaugrana have an excellent record in the Spanish La Liga over the past few decades. They have not gone back-to-back seasons without winning the title since 2008.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com
- Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- La Liga in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- Spain’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Can Barcelona find a way past Real Madrid in title race?
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Barcelona boss Xavi deems Frenkie de Jong and Memphis Depay surplus to requirements
- Real Madrid v Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream