Egyptian outfit Al Ahly will be looking to create a big upset when they take on European heavyweights Real Madrid in the semifinal of the Club World Cup on Wednesday.
The winners of the clash at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium will face either Flamengo or Al-Hilal in the final at the weekend.
Al Ahly defeated Auckland City in the first round before also edging Seattle Sounders with a 1-0 victory in the second round.
Mohamed Magdy proved to be the difference against Seattle as he struck the winner in the 88th minute of the game.
They will now be looking to claim a huge victory against the 2018-19 Club World Cup champions Real Madrid on Wednesday.
Los Blancos haven’t been very convincing in recent weeks. They dropped points in the home encounter against Real Sociedad last month before falling to a shocking 1-0 loss at Mallorca in their most recent game.
Real’s latest defeat handed Barcelona a massive advantage in the La Liga title race, with the Catalans now eight points clear at the top of the standings.
The Egyptian side will be competing in the semi-final of the Club World Cup for the third successive year. Last season, they faced Palmeiras in the last four after beating Monterrey in the second round. But Al Ahly were beaten 2-0 by the Brazilian outfit in the semifinal.
Al Ahly have been excellent in the 2022-23 season so far. With 11 wins from 15 matches, they have collected 37 points to be at the top of the table.
Los Blancos have won the Club World Cup on four occasions in the past. Their most recent trophy came in 2018 when they outclassed Al-Ain by 4-1 in the final.
Real Madrid have been the most successful team in the competition. They will now be looking to add another Club World Cup trophy this year, and given their opponents Carlo Ancelotti’s side shouldn’t have much difficulty in pulling off that feat.
Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Potential line-ups
Al Ahly: El Shenawy; Hany, Metwalli, Abdelmonem, Maaloul; Fathi, Dieng, El Solia; Tau, Sherif, Abdel Kader
Real Madrid: Lunin; Carvajal, Nacho, Rudiger, Alaba; Kroos, Tchouameni, Modric; Valverde, Rodrygo, Vinicius Jr
Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Prediction
Real Madrid’s schedule in February shows they will be up against some big opponents this month, including Atletico Madrid and Liverpool. But Carlo Ancelotti’s side will certainly not want to miss the opportunity of winning the Club World Cup for the fifth time.
Los Blancos will be missing some of their key players on Wednesday, including Karim Benzema and Thibaut Courtois. However, they still have plenty of quality in their ranks to easily prevail over Al Ahly at the Prince Moulay Abdellah Stadium.
- Athletic Bilbao vs Barcelona Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Al Ahly vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Real Sociedad vs Athletic Bilbao Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- La Liga in December 2022: Fixtures & Restart Date
- Spain’s chances at the 2022 World Cup
- Rayo Vallecano vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Can Barcelona find a way past Real Madrid in title race?
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Atletico Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Barcelona boss Xavi deems Frenkie de Jong and Memphis Depay surplus to requirements
- Real Madrid v Barcelona: date, kick-off time & how to stream